Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Printmaking Gone CRAZY

I am on a wild printing spree and thought it would be fun to see if I could learn some new tricks. I borrowed from my local library a mind-bending printmaking book from 1976. Holy Cow! It suggests engraving a large soda bottle with a tight styrofoam wrapper with a ball point pen to make a plate. I have not seen any of those bottles in a million years! There is also the adorable peanut shell prints and the old stand-by of vegetable prints and potato prints. I am really amazed. It make me yearn for oak tag and macaroni pictures. Spray it all gold and get me some juice and graham crackers.

Maybe I am dismissing it out of hand. Maybe I should press a nice avocado and draw a little beastie peeking out of the middle where the stone would be.

No comments: